September 01, 2021 / by Darryl Ma
- Agenda overview - Announcements, activities, Ed has some competition updates, Scott Janish will answer questions for our IPA and Hop Q&A, then Commercial beer tasting to occur afterward on Google meet. General socializing will move over to Discord.
- Passes - All new memberships and membership renewals submitted up until noon today have been emailed out. If you didn’t receive the pass, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Club activities
- Sour beer blending occurred over the weekend – Ryan P, Chris M, Shaun H, Darryl M brewed, aged, then blended sour beers. Next month Ryan will give a talk about our first years experience and lay down some info for anyone looking to join the 2022 blending.
- Homebrew swap - Ongoing activity to share your homebrew with members for feedback. Next swap is late September.
- Commercial beer tasting - Ongoing activity to taste and discuss commercial beers
- If you’ve signed up for either activity (links in meeting reminder) but haven’t received any emails, send an email to email@example.com
- In-person meetings are still up in the air. Will make the call on a month by month basis. We will try to give folks a week’s notice.
- We need 2 volunteers to review our financials ahead of our AGM
- New members
- Saison comp (BJCP 25B). BJCP judging will be done by Cabin Brewing. Fan favourite to occur at the summer BBQ.
- 1st place: Kevin Hanson - Saison Snowberry
- 2nd place: Ryan Preston - Standard Saison
- 3rd place: Dakota Paul - Super Saison
- HM (tied): Dakota Paul - Table Saison, Paul Heslop - Standard Saison
- We will send out the scoresheets in the next few days
- Belgian Trappist competition (BJCP 26A/B/C/D). Bottle drop-off October 23rd. Winners will be announced at the November 3rd meeting.
- BOTY year end competition will be in November. Our top 3 brewers from the year will represent the club.
Presentation (Scott Janish, Tyler to do intro & moderate)
Scott to do Q&A
Commerical Beer Tasting
- Freehold Brewing “Keychain” Dry Hopped Lager
- Tailgunner Brewing “Ross Dixon” Dry Hopped lager
- (Optional) Dandy Brewing “Bright & Happy Days” Hopped Rice Lager
Social on Discord