November 03, 2021 / by Darryl Ma
- Agenda overview - Announcements, activities, Ed has some competition updates, Brian Maude will give a presentation on brewing with Calgary water, then Commercial beer tasting to occur afterward on Google meet. General socializing will move over to Discord.
- Passes - All new memberships and membership renewals submitted up until noon today have been emailed out. If you didn’t receive the pass, send an email to email@example.com.
- Passes are for the calendar year. So if you intended to purchase a 2022 pass, but paid recently, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org – that said, you need to be a paid member to vote in the AGM.
- AGM will be Wednesday November 24th at 8PM.
- Need 20-ish folks to attend
- If you want to nominate for any position, email Kevin at email@example.com
- If you just want to volunteer some time to help, email Darryl at firstname.lastname@example.org. We always have lots of stuff that needs doing (reaching out for sponsorships, picking up prizes, sorting prizes, mailing prizes, helping with the website, helping with memberships, etc.).
- In-person meetings are still up in the air. Will make the call on a month by month basis. We will try to give folks a week’s notice.
- Any members want to volunteer to do a presentation topic in 2022? Email email@example.com
- New members
- Club activities
- Homebrew swap - Ongoing activity to share your homebrew with members and get some feedback. Next swap is Friday November 19th.
- Commercial beer tasting - Ongoing activity to taste and discuss commercial beers
- If you’ve signed up for either activity (links in meeting reminder) but haven’t received any emails, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Belgian Trappist competition winners will be announced at the November 3rd meeting or December 1st meeting.
- BOTY update. We are hosting the final round for the Brewer of the Year circuit. Anyone interested in volunteering to judge or drop off beers, email email@example.com
Presentation (Brian Maude, Steve to do intro & moderate)
Brian to do Calgary Water talk
Slides for Calgary Water talk – https://www.slideshare.net/secret/oMxvftuuHoMPCC
Direct link to Calgary Water data – https://data.calgary.ca/Environment/Watershed-Surface-Water-Quality-Data/y8as-bmzj
Commerical Beer Tasting
- Medicine Hat Brewing “Belfast”
- Troubled Monk “This”
- Omen Brewing “Claustrophobic”
Social on Discord