March 03, 2021 / by Darryl Ma
- Agenda overview - Announcements, Ed has some competition updates, Stan Hieronymus will give a presentation on Belgian beers, then Commercial beer tasting to occur afterward on Google meet. General socializing will move over to Discord.
- Passes - All new memberships and membership renewals submitted up until noon today have been emailed out. If you didn’t receive the pass, send an email to email@example.com. Check the back for discount information.
- Club activities
- Homebrew swap - Ongoing activity to share your homebrew with members for feedback. Next swap is March 20th.
- Commercial beer tasting - Ongoing activity to taste and discuss commercial beers
- If you’ve signed up for either activity (links in meeting reminder) but haven’t received any emails, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- New members
- Porter competition winners! Scoresheets will be emailed out in the next week.
- 1st place: Dan Bronson
- 2nd place: Travis Galenzoski, Co-brewer Chris Young
- 3rd place: Rick Alaskiewicz
- Lord of the Wort club comp - For the club portion, drop off 2 bottles (name, email, phone, description, ingredients, etc.) at the Vineyard by March 11th, winners announced at the April monthly meeting. For the New Level portion, they should have already been dropped off at New Level.
- New club comp! Belgian Trappist competition (BJCP 26A/B/C/D). Judging will be in November. Make sure to take notes during Stan’s presentation!
- Possible upcoming saison comp! We may be getting a corny keg of 3rd generation Spooky Saison from a brewery. If that works out, we are considering a comp. If not, we will just distribute the yeast to anyone that wants to try out (Fantome yeast).
- Roundup was a great success – lots of positive feedback from members and visitors from out of town.
- Prizes will be sorted and sent out in the next few weeks.
Presentation (Stan Hieronymus, Dan to moderate)
- Stan to do a presentation on building a recipe (dark and about dubbel strength). Talk about ingredients, process, etc.
- Questions from the members.
Commerical Beer Tasting
- Cabin Luminosity
- Fahr Pils
- Krombacher Pils
Social on Discord