June 02, 2021 / by Darryl Ma
- Agenda overview - Announcements, Ed has some competition updates, Dakota Paul will give a presentation on Spruce beer and syrup with special guest Alan Bergo of ForagerChef.com. The commercial beer tasting to occur afterward on Google meet. If you crack your beer during the presentation, make sure to jot down a few notes for the discussion. General socializing will move over to Discord.
- Passes - All new memberships and membership renewals submitted up until noon today have been emailed out. If you didn’t receive the pass, send an email to email@example.com. Check the back for discount information.
- Club activities
- Homebrew swap - Ongoing activity to share your homebrew with members for feedback. Next swap is late June.
- Commercial beer tasting - Ongoing activity to taste and discuss commercial beers
- If you’ve signed up for either activity (links in meeting reminder) but haven’t received any emails, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summer BBQ & in-person meetings - We will be sending out a survey to gauge interest and comfort levels on having in-person events.
- New members
- Saison comp (BJCP 25B). Bottle drop-off June 26th. Winners will be announced at the July 7th meeting.
- Belgian Trappist competition (BJCP 26A/B/C/D). Bottle drop-off October 23rd. Winners will be announced at the November 3rd meeting.
- Brewer of the Year competition update. Format is new and we may not be allowed to enter the other regional competitions. But we have plenty in-club comps!
- Summer advent went well last weekend – thanks Matt for organizing and lining up some sweet prizes. First beer is today (Jeff’s Sabro NEIPA).
Presentation (Dakota Paul, Alan Bergo, Steve to moderate)
- Dakota to do a presentation on spruce beer methods. Click here for slides
- Alan to do a presenatation on interesting ingredints and concepts for homebrewers. Click here for slides
- Questions from the members.
Commerical Beer Tasting
- Kona Big Wave Golden Ale
- New Level Berserker Blond
Social on Discord