July 07, 2021 / by Darryl Ma
- Agenda overview - Announcements, Ed has some competition updates, no presentation. The commercial beer tasting to occur afterward on Google meet. If you crack your beer during the presentation, make sure to jot down a few notes for the discussion. General socializing will move over to Discord.
- Passes - All new memberships and membership renewals submitted up until noon today have been emailed out. If you didn’t receive the pass, send an email to email@example.com.
- In person meetings – Nothing nailed down yet. Earliest would likely be September.
- Club activities
- Homebrew swap - Ongoing activity to share your homebrew with members for feedback. Next swap is July 16.
- Commercial beer tasting - Ongoing activity to taste and discuss commercial beers
- If you’ve signed up for either activity (links in meeting reminder) but haven’t received any emails, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call out for volunteers for:
- Website updates - Website calendar and blog posts are managed by editing YAML files, checking them into our GIT repository, then a workflow automatically pushes out to AWS. If you understood that and want to help out the club, send an email to email@example.com. Time commitment is low.
- No meeting next month.
- New members
- Saison comp (BJCP 25B). BJCP judging will be done by Cabin Brewing. Fan favourite to occur at the summer BBQ.
- Belgian Trappist competition (BJCP 26A/B/C/D). Bottle drop-off October 23rd. Winners will be announced at the November 3rd meeting.
- Other BOTY comps. So far no comps that allow us to enter (except for the Short Finger sour/funky beer competition). But we have plenty in-club comps!
- Summer BBQ – Survey indicates most folks want a BBQ. If you are interested in hosting 30-ish people, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, those that indicated they can host on the survey, we will be reaching out soon. Date will depend on the host – late July to mid-August.
- Summer advent went well – thanks Matt. Voting for your favourite 4 beers and label contest is open until the 10th.
Presentation (Dakota Paul, Alan Bergo, Steve to moderate)
None. Just social.
Commerical Beer Tasting
- Lagunitas IPA
- Field & Forge IPA
Social on Discord