February 03, 2021 / by Darryl Ma
- Agenda overview - Announcements, competition updates, panel on pitching healthy yeast, then Commercial beer tasting to occur afterward on Google meet. General socializing will move over to Discord.
- Passes - All new memberships and membership renewals submitted up until noon today have been emailed out. If you didn’t receive the pass, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Check the back for discount information.
- Sponsor overview - Use your perks! It lets the stores know that they are getting value from sponsoring the club.
- Porter competition update - 26 entries submitted, judging by Establishment, winner will be announced at the next monthly meeting in March.
- Lord of the Wort competition - For the club portion, drop off 2 bottles (name, email, phone, description, ingredients, etc.) at the Vineyard by March 11th, winners announced at April meeting. For the New Level portion, see New Level communications – bottle drop off at New Level brewery by the end of February.
- Limit reached - We have 250 beers
- If you want to volunteer (judging, stewarding, bottle sorting), contact Ed
- Virtual gala on February 27th - We will be having a food and beer paired dinner from The Dandy Brewing Company. More info coming soon!
- Club activities
- Homebrew swap - Ongoing activity to share homebrew with members for feedback. Next share is on Feb 20th.
- Commercial beer tasting - Ongoing activity to taste and discuss commercial beers.
- If you’ve signed up for either activity but haven’t received any emails, send an email to email@example.com
Presentation (Malcolm, Paul, Steve, Ed)
- Discuss personal experiences with different methods for pitching yeast (dry yeast, overbuilt starters, reusing slurry, vitality starters).
- Questions from the members.
Commerical Beer Tasting
- Unibroue Blanche de Chamblay
- Driftwood White Bark (optional)
Social on Discord