June 17, 2021 / by Darryl
Again this year, uncertainties surround the decision to hold a CTYW barbecue sometime over the summer months.
These are the things we’re wrassling with:
- Stage 2 of Alberta’s Open For Summer Plan (OFSP), which limits outdoor gatherings to 20 people with distancing measures. It’s a tight window.
- Stage 3 of the OFSP calls for a lifting of all restrictions, likely by sometime in July, depending on vaccination rates but not case counts.
- The Calgary Stampede is going ahead in early July, and may or may not have an impact on Alberta’s COVID situation.
- Most people have at least one vaccination by now – yay!
- Calgary seems to be a hotspot for the highly contagious delta variant – boo!
So once again, the executive is asking club members for their thoughts and comfort levels if we were to have a gathering to share food, beer and friendship, and how that gathering might look. Please help us out by taking a few minutes to respond to this survey.
The survey will be open until June 25th.